Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Most years, I spend Labor Day weekend...ripping apart something in my house, and remodeling it. Since I've done too much of that lately, my goal is to put together some cards for Operation Write Home.

So, I sliced up a bunch of paper, and went looking for a few challenges to inspire me. :)

The first one I've found is at Mark's Finest Paper, challenge 19...to use 5 of something. I decided to use 5 rhinestones on a simple style birthday card:



Supplies used:

Random cardstock
American Crafts pearl cardstock for the butterfly
Black Market Paper Society paper - I miss them...
Unity's August kit of the month for the fabulous Wish sentiment
Twinkling H2O's for the candle
random hotfix rhinestones

The second card I have to share came from a Paper Crafts sketch, from the Go To Sketches book. It's pretty unusual for me to use a non-Unity stamp lately. But I fell in love with this goofy 'lil pup by Stamps by Judith.



Supplies used:

Random scraps from my scrap bin
random cardstock
copic markers
MM flower brad

Thanks for looking! :)

5 comments:

  1. Very nice cards! The top one is my favorite, love that striped background and the sentiment that you used!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty work with the purples and the butterfly!! Wonderful distressing of this great design!!

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful card in the Friends of Speedy the Cat's challenge this week!

    That pup is pretty darn cute, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet, pretty cards!
    Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice CAS card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!! Love the butterfly.
    Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete